The information is pouring out from the PTR for Patch 3.3. In what is probably the final content patch for The Wrath of the Lich King expansion, we will finally get to face The Lich King and his Scourge horde in the final battle for dominance in Northrend.
Initial screenshots of the new 5 man dungeon and aspects of the new raiding tier are being released, and gear models and set bonuses have been datamined over at mmo-champion.com. The new raid instance is featuring the ability to toggle between Normal and Hard Mode encounters via the user interface, rather than the multiple lockouts available with the current Tier 9 content, Call of the Crusade. Also being introduced, Weekly Raid Quests. Now you can overnuke Sartharion for more than just another raiding commute machine. Character copies and premade characters are available for those wishing to test content and be spoiled.
Here’s the breakdown on what 3.3 will mean for the Rogue class in the next patch (source mmo-champion):
- 4 piece Tier 10 – Gives your melee finishing moves a 13% chance to add 3 combo points to your target.
- 2 piece Tier 10 – Your Tricks of the Trade ability now grants you 15 energy instead of costing energy.
- Dual Wield: Rogues now know this ability upon logging into the game at level 1.
- Stealth: This ability no longer has multiple ranks. While active, the single rank of this ability (available at level 1) allows rogues to move at 70% movement speed.
- Vanish: For the first half second after this ability is used, neither Vanish nor Stealth can be broken by taking damage or being the victim of a hostile spell or ability.
I want to have a positive outlook, but the Tier 10 set bonuses seem pretty lackluster when compared to the deadly poison energy regen and rupture crits of Tier 8. Also, not totally trusting the whole fixing vanish thing. But I’ll save my conspiracy theories for another day. 😉