Below are three easy suggestions for helping your rogue get raiding ready in Cataclysm. Do not expect to hold on to your Icecrown Citadel non-heroic and heroic level epics. You will start finding upgrades as early as Uldum around level 83 while leveling.
All Cataclysm factions are easily grindable through the use of Faction Tabards. These scraps of cloth are purchasable from Quartermasters for the various factions at the Friendly reputation level. There is a small selection of 333 gear available at Revered and 346/359 gear available at Exalted from various factions. Some other reputation necessities for rogues include the shoulder enchant from Therazane reputation in Deepholm and the helm enchant from Ramahken in Uldum. Rep reward gear is also very useful for hitting the 329 item level score that is required for your character to enter heroic instances.
2. Justice Points and Heroic Dungeons
All of those JP you have banked from the end of Wrath can give you a head start on your new PvE outfit. If you can pick up one or two pieces of gear, it can save you massive amounts of grinding time. The Thrash Blade 1.4 speed off-hand dagger is a great starter for Assassination rogues.
3. Conquest Points
One win on a 2v2 Arena team currently = ~268 Conquest Points
5 X 268 = 1340
The conquest point cap per week for a new team/lower rating is currently set at ~1343 Conquest points. So 3 weeks of arena will currently net you a main hand and off hand weapon of greater than 420 dps.
As always, you can also check out the rogue forums over at Elitist Jerks (www.elitistjerks.com) for the latest in theorycrafting such as stat weights, rotations, gemming, and general practice.
Happy New Year!
We proved the worth of our world, Azeroth, tonight to Algalon the Observer.
He had this to say:
- I have seen worlds bathed in the Maker’s‘ flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion… of empathy. I… have… felt… NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?
- Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans’ own perfect creations have failed.
- I’ve rearranged the reply code. Your planet will be spared. I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.
- I lack the strength to transmit the signal. You must hurry. Find a place of power close to the skies.
- Do not worry about my fate <name>. If the signal is not transmitted in time re-origination will proceed regardless. Save. Your. World.
Upon our hunter’s transmission of the Reply-Code Alpha in Dalaran:
- Rhonin says: We received Brann’s message and we begun preparations.
- Rhonin yells: Citiziens of Dalaran, raise your eyes to the skies and observe.
- Rhonin yells: Today our world’s destruction has been averted in defiance of our very makers.
- Rhonin yells: Algalon the Observer has been defeated by our brave comrades in the depths of the titans city of Ulduar.
- Rhonin yells: Algalon was sent here to judge the fate of our world.
- Rhonin yells: He found a planet whose races had deviated from the titans’ blueprints. A planet where not everything had gone according to plan.
- Rhonin yells: Cold logic deemed our world not worth saving. Cold logic however does not account for the power of free will!
- Rhonin yells: It’s up to each of us to prove this is a world worth saving! That our lives… our lives are worth living!
And on that note, RogueRaider is taking a nice jaunt to the sunny beaches of Florida for a week. Happy Raiding and living! 🙂
*credit to WoWWiki.com for the in-game scripting*
Over the next 15 days until Wrath releases and for the next month or two afterward players will come and go, guilds will come and go. So it was at the dawn of TBC, and so shall it ever be.
Some view an expansion as the light at the end of the tunnel showing them the sweet, sweet freedom of nights free of grinds, loots, and ventrilo. Others view it with excitement about new gear, new dungeons, new dragons to beat.
1. Risen is back. In the same battlegroup, but making use of the PvE to PvP transfer option and relocating on Illidan. Hope they enjoy the massive lag.
2. GM-ships are being transferred. Raid lists are being reviewed. Guild leaders/officers are praying their good players stay and their meh players go casual.
Who will make it first to 80 and Naxxramas? Hold on for the PvE ride.
I still dislike that they renamed the Raid & Dungeon forum Dungeons & Raids.
Let the hate begin
Are PvE to PvP server transfers fair? Ironically, finding well-progressed PvE guilds on PvE servers is a very difficult thing. Will all PvE servers die a slow, under-populated death?
Who knows for sure? However, I’m sure I will find some prime forum funnies material over the next few days.